Over the years, many people have asked me how strong and durable this glass cremation jewelry is. I recently received an email from a customer in Hawaii who gave me permission to tell her story.

On Father’s Day, June 16, 2019 a small fire ignited a tank of medical oxygen and sparked a raging fire that only took 4 minutes to engulf her house in flames.

When the fire was finally extinguished, the house had burned to the ground and was a total loss.

 

Burned house

 

As she dug through the remains, there was nothing left except for the glass pendant she had commissioned me to make with her mother’s ashes a couple years ago. She said all the other glass in the house had melted into puddles but her pendant was still intact and undamaged.

 

cremation pendant after house fire

 

If the ashes of her mom had been in any other type of urn, chances are very good that she would have lost them forever, but with the glass memorial she said she had the comfort of her mom there with her in the aftermath of the loss of everything she owned.

It warmed my heart to hear this story and I wanted to share it here to show how the borosilicate glass I use for these memorials is one of the best possible choices for preserving the ashes of your loved one or pet. With a melting temperature of around 2,000F, it clearly takes more than a house fire to destroy one of these pendants.

Testimonials

I was out of town when my pendant arrived but my husband took a photo and posted it for me so I was very excited to get home and see it. It is absolutely perfect in every way. I wore it to work the day after I got home. Everyone who sees it loves it.

It is obvious it was made by a person with a lot of emotions and good karma; it comes through in the piece. I will always treasure it and I thank you for it’s beauty and craftsmanship. And thank you for your kind words about Daniel. This pendant will always keep him close to my heart.

Christa Medders
  • Psyche Cremation Jewelry
  • 70 SW Century Dr, Suite 100-397
    Bend, Oregon 97702
  • [email protected]
  • 541-393-8088

credit cards accepted

Pin It on Pinterest